Kitchen Medicine: 5 MORE Healing Foods
HERE are 5 healing foods. In this short article, we’ll talk about 5 (plus 1 bonus) more healing foods you have in your kitchen, plus some simple recipes you can use to help yourself and your family.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is the first spice mentioned in the Bible. Some of the latest research shows cinnamon is effective in helping to manage blood sugar, it has been shown to increase blood sugar metabolism twenty times over. Cinnamon is effective against bacteria and fungus, and has anti-inflammatory properties that make it helpful for pain and stiffness of muscles and joints. It’s great for relieving gas and has been shown to prevent ulcers in the stomach.
- Apples – Apples have the second highest level of antioxidants of any commonly eaten fruit (cranberries are number one). Studies have linked apple eating to a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, asthma, and diabetes
- Avocados – Historically avocados were considered an aphrodisiac and were not purchased or consumed by any person wishing to preserve a modest reputation. Thankfully today we know that avocados lower cholesterol, protect the eyes, the prostate, the heart, and the skin.
- Eggs – Eggs are plentiful, cheap, easy to prepare, and loaded with nutrients. Eggs prevent the accumulation of fat and cholesterol in the liver, and may protect against dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease). They also help protect the eyes and may protect against breast cancer.
- Thyme – In ancient Rome thyme was considered an aphrodisiac and girls wore corsages of thyme flowers when looking for a partner. Thyme is effective against bacteria, and is also an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It is a digestive aid and very helpful in relieving chest and respiratory problems like coughs.
- Bonus Food: Chocolate – Chocolate has been eaten since 1000BC, and with good reason. Research on chocolate shows that it can help prevent clogged arteries, reducing the risk of a heart attack or stroke. Chocolate has also been shown to lower blood pressure and it might even improve insulin sensitivity. However, for chocolate to be considered a healing food it must be dark chocolate, at least 60% cocoa, and only an ounce or two needs to be eaten.
- Cinnamon tea (for high blood sugar) – Put 3 tablespoons of cinnamon into 4 cups of boiling water and allow to steep until the water is room temperature. Strain the liquid, and drink one cup four times per day. After a couple of weeks you can decrease to 1-2 cups per day. If you have diabetes, be sure to monitor your blood sugar closely and adjust your medicines as necessary.
- Avocados (for wrinkles) – To nourish your skin, mash up a ripe avocado and apply to your face, neck, and hands. Leave on for twenty minutes, then wash off with water. Repeat once or twice a week as needed.
- Egg yolk (for acne) – Separate the yolk of an egg and apply raw egg yolk to your face, allow to dry for 10 minutes and then wash off with water. Repeat daily for 30 days and then twice a month after that. As a teenager with significant acne, I tried everything, including antibiotics and Retin-A, to get my acne under control. Finally I tried egg yolk and it worked like magic. Highly recommended.
These foods are all wonderful healing foods, but they are by no means unique. There are hundreds and hundreds of foods with healing powers, and these are just a small sample. We are used to looking at food as just food and medicine as medicine, but as the ancient physician Hippocrates said, “Let medicine be your food, and food be your medicine.”
At Aspire Natural Health we are experts at helping people suffering with digestive issues and autoimmunity.
Are you looking for help?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425-202-7849.
The first step of our process is to see if we’re a good fit for one another. If we are, we’ll talk about next steps. If not, that’s okay, and we’ll do our best to help you find the right person.
Everything is no-obligation and no-pressure, so you don’t have to worry. You have nothing to lose!
Call us at 425-202-7849 or email us email@example.com now!
Photo attribution – https://bit.ly/2JzKWrD
Another Interesting post:
Natural Treatment of Diabetes – A Diabetes Success Story